A few months back, I was playing with extrusions to inlay in a gourd. The colors which looked so bright separately, ended up looking too dark together. Not enough contrast, I think. It seemed a shame to waste them, so I put some slices onto the turquoise clay I had used in the blend and brightened it up with some mica powder. I'm quite happy with the result.
I've also been playing with making kumihimo cords to match. They're fun to make. I gave a demo on them at my polymer clay guild a couple months ago and we had a blast :) The middle pendant is on a custom-made kumihimo cord. I'm keeping the set with the rubber cord. The rest I'll list on my Etsy store by next weekend. For the pendants, you can have your choice of kumihino or rubber cord.